DISTRICT 5160 GLOBAL GRANT SCHOLARSHIP
District 5160 encourages clubs to identify and support students through a Rotary Global Grant Scholarship for post‐baccalaureate studies abroad. The scholarship, facilitated by the Rotary Foundation Global Grant program, is made to an exceptional individual who is qualified and willing to comply with the requirements of the grant.
This scholarship is designed to support an individual who has exhibited a passion for public service. It is intended to support a course of overseas studies that will enable individuals to be more successful leaders in their chosen field of service.
The scholarship will be provided to an individual who intends to pursue a career in one or more of Rotary’s six areas of focus:
- Peace and Conflict Prevention/Resolution
- Disease Prevention and Treatment
- Water and Sanitation
- Maternal and Child Health
- Basic Education and Literacy
- Economic and Community Development
The process for this scholarship is relatively simple:
- Clubs identify a qualified student
- Clubs work with the student and complete a Global Grant Proposal for the District
- Clubs work with the student to complete a Global Grant Application on the RI website
*Note: Allocation of the District Designated Funds (DDF) for a Global Scholar are subject to the District DDF and Grant Policy requirements in the same manner as outlined for a Global Grant.
For more information click on one of the following links:
If the information you desire is not included in one of these links, contact the District 5160 Grants Committee Chair