Rotary Peace Grove
Cost: Free – International Peace Grove Ceremony, Tilden Park
- The Peace Grove Ceremony will take place starting at 9 AM at Inspiration Point in Tilden Park. The Rotary Club of Berkeley planted a grove of redwood trees 57 years ago, dedicating a tree each year to a person credited with advancing the cause of Peace in the world. This year’s award will go to Pope Francis.
- There are 80 places we can offer to the District Conference attendees with transportation from Inspiration Point to the Grove itself in Tilden Regional Park. More can attend, but should plan to hike through the beautiful park to the Peace Grove, which is about a 45 minute walk from Inspiration Point.
- Attendees should plan to be at Inspiration Point in Tilden park at 9AM, which requires they provide their own transportation to that point. The Park Service will provide transport out to the Peace Grove itself for up to 80 attendees. Anybody is free to hike the two miles into the Peace grove above and beyond the 80 reserved places.
- The Ceremony will start approximately at 10-10:30 AM. No lunch is provided, and there is no cost involved.
- Information about the Peace Grove is available at: http://www.berkeleyrotarypeacegrove.org/
Prior registration required for all activities.
OPTIONAL ACTIVITIES ARE IN THE EVENT REGISTRATION
District 5160 members CLICK HERE to register or return to your registration via EZ link.